Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Office Intro - Natalie



Hey guys! My name is Natalie Janfaza. I’m currently the Marketing Director here at StyleScan, and loving it! Since the age of 12, I’ve been drawn to the crossroads of where fashion meets business meets entrepreneurism, and StyleScan became the perfect manifestation of that for me later in life.

Pursuing my love for culture, language, and adventure while in college, I studied abroad in Italy for over a year, spending each semester in a different region of the country. After recently graduating from Brandeis University with a triple degree in Italian, Anthropology, and Economics, I flew back to Europe as an intern for the rag & bone 2013 showroom in Paris. Deciding to jump ship from corporate fashion to the startup life that I long lusted for, I came to New York and fell hard for StyleScan, and all that it embodies.

As an international fashion and travel blogger, I continue to expand my horizons and enjoy a very frequent dose of global living (when the pocketbook makes it possible!). As an LA native who decided to part ways with the California sunshine and spend her collegiate years in Boston, Milan, Catania, and Siena, New York has been yet another exciting step for me – widening my perspective of this world we live in all the more.



Some fun facts about me:  

1.   I was a swimmer and water polo player in high school.
2.   My love for photography is a little OCD!
3.   I am fascinated by extra-terrestrial life and ET is my favorite movie.
4.   Earth tones are my favorite tones!
5.   I love all things architecture and interior design.   
6.   I am a hopeless romantic who enjoys long walks on the beach.
7.   I am a visual learner.
8.   I am a health-foods fanatic!
9.   I enjoy meeting people from all walks of life.
10.  I love to create short films and music videos!



12 questions picked from the staff: 

1. What is your favorite beverage and or cocktail? 
     Beverage – alkaline water
     Cocktail – virgin daiquiri, ha!

2. What article of clothing do you identify with the most & why? 
    I really love knee-high boots. I think there’s something inherently masculine and feminine about them at the same time.

3. Are you a cat or dog person and why?
    Definitely a dog person. There’s a warmth about them that you just don’t get from cats!

4. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time? 
    Watch stand-up comedy!

5. What is the hardest thing that you’ve had to do that sets the bar for all other difficult 
    tasks?  
    Getting through AP Bio!

6.  If you had to choose one cuisine for the rest of your life what would it be?
     Persian (specifically tadeeg!)

7.  Are you more of a polka-dots or pin-stripes person? 
     Pin stripes for an elongated look!

8.  If you had a super power, what would it be?
     To become invisible.

9.  15 minute conversation with anyone past or present, who would it be? 
      My mother’s dad who passed away before I was born.

10.  What's your favorite smell & why? 
       Cocoa butter – it’s like tasting chocolate without the calories!

11.  If you could eat only sweet, sour, or salty for the rest of you 
       life what would it be?
       Sour! Although my face might get interesting after the prolonged scrunchy face!

12.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
        People who make noise when they eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment