Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Introducing Karl Pierre


My name is Karl and I am a co-founder here at StyleScan. I love to travel, eat, drink, and be merry. I am calculated, thoughtful, direct, uncompromising, and a sweet love-able guy. If those qualities don't irritate you, we could be friends. 

My parents are from Haiti and I am grateful for the values they have instilled in me. My blog posts will be about the continuous evolution of StyleScan, focusing primarily on the business side of running the next major player in the fashion tech world. (Remember I said that) 

As of today 11/20/2013 we have 11517 users that have joined our style driven community and growing daily. Just a month ago we had a little over 3000 users and are now adding more than 1500 new members a week. If our current trend of user acquisition continues at this rate of growth, I believe that the StyleScan team can grow our user base to 700,000 users by August 2014

In a little over one weeks time, we are launching our online store www.stylescan.co. The site focuses on current fashion trends while offering multiple styling suggestions for items being sold. What makes our online store really cool is that each item sold by StyleScan will have a scan-able tag.  Stylescan app users, who have purchased our products, will be able to discover new styling options as well as share their own style as it relates to purchased items! 


Fun Facts

 -I photographed all the products on www.StyleScan.co and will continue to do so until we can afford to hire a photographer 
-I hated formal education while in school and still do 
-I watch so little TV that my only television is a 13 - inch tube with an onboard VHS tape deck. Actually, it isn't mine it's borrowed. 
-Don't ask me if I have seen ____________ chances are I haven't 
-I plan on getting my private pilots license and first plane in the next 24 months 
-I suck at just about every sport and don't care 
-I'm my best company 
-Workaholic 
-Scorpio 
-I have the attention span of a fruit fly 
-I want to build buildings 

On to the 12 Questions! 

What is your favorite beverage and or cocktail?
Beverage-Limeade Cocktail-Rob Roy 

What article of clothing do you identify with the most & why?
Boxer briefs. I like how my butt looks in them. 

Are you a cat or dog person and why?
DOG! Dogs are loyal and seem to adopt their owners characteristics. They seem to understand you and adjust accordingly. Cats are cold self absorbed rotten little things! 

What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Cook 

What is the hardest thing that you have had to do that's sets the bar for all other difficult tasks? 
The hardest thing I have had to do is wake my mother up to relay the message that they(the detectives that were knocking on the door) found my brother, who had been missing for 6 weeks, dead. That experience has shaped the way I approach everything I do. Whenever things get difficult, I compare that day to my current situation, and it reassures me that I can make it through anything. 

If you had to choose one cuisine for the rest of your life what would it be? 
Haitian food. Specially oxtail with rice and beans sweet plantains and picklez with a glass of limeade infused with mint. 

Are you more of a polka-dots or pin-stripes person?
Pinstripes. Never liked polka dots, never will. 

If you had a super power, what would it be? 
The power of a genie, the ability to grant wishes. 

15 minute conversation with anyone past or present , who would it be? 
Present-Kris Jenner 
Past-Cleopatra 

What's your favorite smell & why? 
Smell of the ocean. It reminds me of fishing trips I took with my dad during my childhood. We never caught anything but he allowed me the opportunities to try time and time again. 

If you could eat only sweet, sour, or salty for the rest of you life what would it be? 
Sweet. Chocolate hazelnut mousse...drooling now 

What is your biggest pet peeve? 
People who try to pass their opinions and random thoughts off as factual information. You just can't do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment