Thursday, November 21, 2013

Introducing Noelle Devlin

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Noelle.


Confession..Since first thinking of how I wanted to start this blog post I haven't been able to get JayZ's voice out of my head. Too bad Noelle doesn't flow as nicely as HOV.





I'm the Stylist here at StyleScan & I'm excited to share all of my favorite tips & trends with you on this blog. I constantly have my eye out for the next trend, a fresh way to style my favorite dress or a fun color combination. Street wear is where it's at! This is something I learned while working at Stylesight- one of the best trend sources out there.
Many of us don't always have the funds to buy a new outfit every time we have a date or an exciting event, so we have to get creative. Between you all posting your daily looks to the StyleScan app & our new site (launching soon!) inspiration, we are going to have a great thing going here.


Fun facts about me:

- I'm obsessed with Trader Joe's.

- I was a cheerleader in high school.


- I'm on a constant quest for BYOB restaurants.

- A guilty pleasure of mine is psychology podcasts.



- My culinary specialty is fixing a good cheese plate.



- I shaved one side of my head for a fun summer 'do.



- I decided to go to college in North Carolina (8 hours from home!) without having visited the campus.



- I don't do karaoke but if I was forced to for some reason I'd sing, "Find a Way" by A Tribe Called Quest because I know all the words.



StyleScan Staff Survey


What is your favorite beverage and or cocktail?

Beverage-Arnold Palmer

Cocktail-Sidecar. Made best with a sugar rim!


What article of clothing do you identify with the most & why?

A vintage dress.

I wear a dress mostly everyday but there's something about a vintage dress that makes me feel extra fancy. I like to think about who may have worn it before and what their story was.



Are you a cat or dog person and why?

Definitely a dog person.

Plus, I'm highly allergic to cats so I try to keep my distance.



What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?

Walk around the city. I love wandering around and exploring new shops & eats.


What is the hardest thing that you have had to do that's sets
the bar for all other difficult tasks?

Leaving my full time job with nothing lined up. Mostly everyone around me thought I was nuts but I knew something better was out there for me. Now 2 months later I couldn't be happier. This experience taught me to take in others opinions but you need to go with your gut feeling.


If you had to choose one cuisine for the rest of your life what would it be?

Mediterranean


Are you more of a polka-dots or pin-stripes person?

I like to wear both at the same time. I love a good geo!


If you had a super power, what would it be?

Time travel


15 minute conversation with anyone past or present, who would it be?
Past- Jean Seberg  Present- Tim Walker




What's your favorite smell & why?

Sawdust.

It always makes me happy. It brings me back to my childhood working in my dad's wood shop.



If you could eat only sweet, sour, or salty for the rest of your life what would it be?
Can I cheat? Salty sweet combo hands down



What is your biggest pet peeve?

Since moving to NY this list grew with people's subway etiquette.

I don't understand why people stand right in the middle of the doorway?! If everyone stood to the side, people could exit quicker which then would allow others to enter quickly.
Why don't people understand that?





Have any styling questions? Ideas for future posts? Is there a trend that scares you? 
Comment below. I'd love your input along the way.

I look forward to this journey with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment